Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday, July 24

Today the Aldrin team tested out more simulators. We tried the MMU. I asked the kids which simulator is the most fun and most voted for the MAT because it spins around. I can't wait to try the 1/6th chair because I will feel like I am walking in space.

We started to train for our Discovery Mission. Everyone took a survey, then the camp administrator assigned jobs to each team member. We practiced our jobs and also rehearsed parts of the script. We did not act out everything because the mission still needed to be a surprise.

Magic of Flight was the IMAX movie. Tom Sellek narrated this film about the history of flying. Did you realize how much information we learned from just observing birds in flight?

We also learned about Hydroponics during the Beam Me Up! session.

Then, Trevis convinced me to ride Space Shot! I agreed to try if he would take a picture. I screamed when it felt like I was flying off the chair and my stomach was left at my feet!

After dinner, more script practice and then the museum! I had a blast in the museum at night. The museum is suppose to be closed, but some counselors bring their teams. Trevis played sardines with us. That is a Hide-N-Seek game. Don't tell the kids, but Trevis really tricked the kids into learning what was in the museum. Also, another camp team joined us in the museum. This team was different because they were practicing military tactics. Some of us got scared because of their uniforms and make-up, but it made for a great night to remember!

The night is not over, while walking back to our cabins, Trevis showed us the constellations and Pluto!

No comments: